Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday 5


Wow, this week flew by and was so slow all at the same time! After our super busy holiday weekend last weekend, I think everyone in our family welcomed some much needed rest and routine. Although, we've had things going on three of the five nights this week so maybe not as much rest as I thought. Here is my Friday 5-

-ONE-
DKNY Tights
I picked up these DKNY tights at Von Maur at the beginning of November. I was out looking for shoes for our family photos at the eleventh hour, of course! and decided I didn't want to run to Target just to get tights after my shoe shopping. So I ran by the hosiery department on my way out the door and found these, on sale, so I paid around $12. Originally they are $16 so I thought $12 wouldn't be much more than I'd spend at Target and it was convenient. I can be kinda cheap on socks and hosiery, but I am so glad these made their way home with me, I am loving them! They are so soft and stay up (ya know what I mean). These guys have been in heavy rotation lately, forcing me to bust out all those skirts and dresses at the back of my closet. I am thankful though, I actually like dressing up for work :)



DKNY Opaque Control top color tights



Here I am rocking the gray today. These tights are so soft and comfy!!


-TWO-
Moody Gray
I have been obsessed with this nail polish lately. It isn't new and I have it for a while now, but this has been my go to each time I've painted my nails the last month or so. Just can't get enough of this OPI You Don't Know Jacques. Perfect for fall huh?




OPI La Collection De France You Don't Know Jacques



-THREE-
Light it Up
So this cute and fun little book light made it's way into my Amazon shopping basket this week for the second time this year. I love giving this as a gift. Especially to the young boys in my life who aren't big yet, but not small either. It's the perfect in between age type gift. This latest purchase will be making it's way to my 7 year old nephew in Portland along with a joke book, which I kinda think he will love! Love the touch on and off button, so fun! I may need to finally get one of these for me!

M-edge eLuminator Universal Book Light



-FOUR-
Say Ahhhhh
Another item that is a repeat buy for our house is these baby spoons. I originally purchased a set of 5 from Target when Liam was around 6 months old. Now that Oden is a full on three- meals-a-day eater (of baby food of course!) we are in need of more. Two have gone missing and didn't make it home from Montessori, and I still have Liam use these for his yogurt every morning. They scrape the sides of the cup or a baby food jar great! But couldn't find them at my local Target anymore so I added these to my Amazon order as well.
Gerber Graduates Rest Easy Spoons- 5 Count


-FIVE-
Good Soaps
I picked up these soaps at Whole Foods a couple weeks back when I ran in for baby food, milk and turkey dogs. I love a good bar soap and always on the hunt for ones I may really like.I've used the goats milk soaps before and really liked them but they melt fast and get gooey in the shower, these are made of Shea butter so thought I'd give them a try. I use bar soap to shave my legs rather than that messy foam stuff. And these scents are amazing. I did a little more research when I got them home and they are actually made in West Africa. Below is a little clip I got from the Whole Foods website-
I picked up the 3 bars for $6 dollar deal and came home with Sunshine, Mint and Coconut. Tired the Sunshine first and it's still lasting. Smells like clean laundry. I am defiantly be adding these to some of my gift giving this year!!




Alaffia Good Soap These five-ounce soap bars in scents of holiday spice, candy cane and pine garland are triple milled and made with shea butter and are long lasting with a full rich lather. Soaps made by Alaffia, an organization that empowers West African communities to become sustainable through the fair trade of indigenous resources and encourages empowerment through community projects, fair trade women's cooperatives and through education and involvement in local customer communities.

I mean how cute is this!


Embedded image permalink
Good Soaps as gifts

 

We have a fun Santa event this evening and a weekend full of tackling our to-do list at home! Being away last weekend defiantly left us behind at home. And I have to finish my Christmas decorating. But the tree is up, I will share pictures of that next week!

Happy Weekend Friends!
xo Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment