Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Black Friday Deals


Did you go out this Black Friday??
Honestly, I really didn't. Well not in the way I used to anyway. To date myself here some, it was always a tradition to have Thanksgiving at Craig's parents for lunch, then we'd visit my grandparents for a snack in the evening. Then we'd head back to Lincoln so I could sleep for an hour (ha, usually it really was only 1-2 hours) to get up around 3 am to go with ads in hand, a plan and my mother-in -law in tow.

But the last two years have been different, the stores open ON Thanksgiving day! Which I think is ridiculous! Who wants to cut their Thanksgiving or family time short if you are blessed to be off that day, just to run to the store and fight those crazy crowds at 6pm!! Well I used to be one of those crazy people minus shopping on the actual holiday thing. Now that things have changed, so have I.

This year however was just too exhausted. Lame. I know. I didn't even lay out all the ads, go through each one and make a list. I browsed a couple, and make notes on the front covers. We didn't get home until 11 pm, and I was beat being up until 2 am the night before making pies. So I had planned on going out after we got home but went to bed instead. You know what, the one thing I was sure wouldn't be there in the morning when I ventured out was there. I got up at 730 and the baby and I headed out to Walmart.

Craig and Liam ventured out as well after a stop at the donut shop. They ran by Target and picked up this camera I was eyeing. I have a nice Casio digital pocket camera that I'd have for a long time, but this one was a nice step up from that without the big price tag. It has pretty good reviews, the only draw back is that it only takes AA batteries. No recharging dock like my current one. I look forward to trying it out and seeing the difference in picture quality.




http://www.target.com/p/nikon-coolpix-l330-20-2mp-digital-camera-with-26x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-16448066#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=Nikon+L330
Nikon Coolpix L330 20.2MP Digital Camera with 26X Optical Zoom - Black


So while the boys were strolling though Target with my camera riding along in the cart. I was at Walmart, picking out these small finds. Nothing big or exciting over here. We don't need TVs, we have an iPad, smart phones and a fancy coffee maker. So while in years past, I have waited in line for a Garmin, raced to find the ONLY blush pink Kate Spade handbag at Sams or a score on a Keurig Platinum Coffee Machine, this year we just didn't need or even really want anything. Lets face it, less is often best anyhow. And my mission the next 6 months is to downsize our "stuff" anyways. Perfect way to start!

Connect 4

Hydro Wheels Dinaco McQueen
Hydro Wheels Sarge
 
 
 
Hot Wheels Race Track
 
Hot Wheels 9 Pack Cars








I did have fun shopping, we'll see what next year brings. But I doubt I'll be one of those crazy 6 pm-iers!!

xo
Megan












No comments:

Post a Comment