Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday 5

 
Hello Friends and Happy Friday!!
Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on here. I did not mean to take 3 whole weeks away from blogging but with the holidays and sickness plaguing each and every one of us in my family, I just had to let it go for a bit..
But I hope next week I will be back full speed and have this quick Friday 5 to get back into it ;)

-ONE-
Farewell Christmassy Best
So sad that Starbucks seasonal Carmel Brulee Latte will be going away until next year. Man, I just love these soo much!! Had to stop for one after Christmas Eve church :)


 
 
 
-TWO-
To Grandma, with Love
Got this mug for my mother in law for Christmas and it was a big hit! I mean, is your MIL the hardest women in the world to shop for too?! Mine doesn't want/ask for anything!! But she loved this mug and I added all 5 of her grandkiddos, 6 if you include Oscar. And of course! I didn't remember to take a picture of it #figures

 Reason's Why Grandma Mug

-THREE-
Pizza Soup
So I have made this recipe for my family several times so far this winter and its been a big hit each time. I found that my family likes it when I add a little penne noodles to the top and top it all with a little more cheese #yum
(and I use a whole jar of spaghetti sauce, unlike the recipe in the link says)

Pizza Soup


-FOUR-
Sick.Sick.Sick
Everybody is sick. Me. the baby. the Mr. The healthiest one of us is Liam and the dog. Oh dear... I see a long weekend of Pj's and resting in our future. I need to stock up on Kleenex stat!





-FIVE-
They Say It's your Birthday
The new year and just like that, I am in birthday party planning mode!! I have gone BIG for Liam's 1st and 2nd Birthday parties and while I am still undecided what I am exactly doing for #3, I have locked down my themes for each boys' big day. Here is inspiration:

Liam is into all things Planes Fire and Rescue, so that will be his birthday this year. I found this invite on Etsy and love the layout so I am thinking this is the one I will go with-



via

For Oden, since his nickname is Odie-bug or little bee, a Bee themed bash seems only appropriate. I hand made Liam's invites for his first birthday, so I plan to do the same for Oden too. I did hand make Liam's second year ones as well, but that did include a print out from Etsy for the invite part so that is not quite the same. I do plan to post recaps of his birthday parties here soon.
Here's inspiration I gathered for Oden's. I want to make the layout more like the one above for Liam's, including a picture on one side and the party info on the other. But I love this bee cut out. Wonder if this shop owner would just sell me the bee's?? hmmmm



Well, LOTS to do for planning these fun celebrations!!

I am linking up with Christina, April, Natasha and Darci today for their Five on Friday things!!



Be Well and Happy Weekend Friends!!
xo
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Pizza soup?! How have i never heard of such a wonderful thing?! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. that soup sounds awesome! feel better!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete