Tuesday, January 27, 2015

33

They say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too...
Name that 80's movie this was sang in??

Ok kidding aside, today I celebrate 33 years. Wow. It seems like so much older when I type it out. However, I have never really been one to get hung up on the birthday/ age thing, so to me, it's just kinda a number. Because lets face it, I really still and look 24, don't ya think??

So to celebrate all things 33, I eat, drink, and share 33 things about myself in the honor of those double threes. Ok, kidding about the first two. I mean 33 donut holes SOUNDS like a great idea at the time, but my pants will thank me later using it as a joke instead ;)

1. I was actually supposed to be a Valentines baby but came about two weeks early


2. I was almost a 10 pound baby. (so that's where Oden gets it from ;) )

3. I LOVE the color pink, always have, always will.

4. I am the oldest of four siblings, which explains all the type A bossy tendencies I have. For real.
Both are actually half siblings, but I would NEVER say that. They have always been whole to me.
 


5. My first job after I started college was in a grocery store bakery closing it for the evening. I hate the job because I was left with a million things to do and not enough time. But I did learn how to decorate cakes and still to this day can do a pretty good job. (ironically, my first high school job, outside of babysitting was at a grocery store too, bagging and then checking)

6.  I have always wanted to visit France, I even studied French for 7 years, all throughout Jr High  & High School and one semester in college.


7. I hate cooked carrots. #yuck But I am not a picky eater. I like almost all things.

8. I love to clean and I am pretty good at it. This is where my OCD and organizing comes hand and hand.

9. I don't like beer and only drink hard ciders, which isn't a beer according to my husband. My go to drink is Jack and coke.

10. I am awful about going through our mail. I mean sometimes I just put it in a bag and put it under our bed, I pay bills online so I just hate dealing with the paper! I have three paper sacks under there now.Yep, defiantly one of my new years resolution to get this under control. Now you know my dirty little secret. This uber neat freak/organizer has sacks of papers under her bed!!

11. I am terrible at spelling and bad at typo's as well..

12. I have Jazzercised off and on for 9 years now and still love it!

13. I love carbonation. I love sparking waters and the carbonation in soda. I try not to drink soda, maybe one a week, but I just can't get enough of those bubbles!!

14. I have breast feed both my babies and am going 9 months strong with my second baby, Oden. It is honestly one of the hardest yet most rewarding things I have ever done. Hands down.

15. When I get board, sometimes I look at houses on Zillow and the local realty sites, just to see the what is out there and how homes are decorated.

16. I played the violin from grades 3 to 6 and actually really enjoyed it, even though at the time I told my mom I hated it a lot of the time. I thank her now, just like she said I would.

17. I was supposed be be named Emily. When I was born, my mother said I looked nothing like an Emily. It took till the last day I was in the hospital for her to choose Megan. She chose Megan because of a character in a book named Meg. I can't think of the name of the book now, darn.

18. I grew up spelling my name Meghann. (long story why) All the way until college.

19.There are 8 giant storage bags  full of breast milk baggies squirreled away in my freezer, you know how Gollum is so protective of "his precious", yeah I'm kinda like that about my frozen breast milk. But hey, I worked hard for that, my precious.. haha

20. I love Mexican food and Spaghetti

21. I only like fancy coffee drinks. Like say, a Carmel latte. We have a Keurig coffee maker at home and I rarely use it.

22. I've only broken one bone before, I had a green stick break in my right arm when i was around 3 or 4. I was doing dishes on my grandma's vinyl kitchen chair and slipped off.

23. I hate making decision and have to take a really long time to do so.

24. I have lived in two states my entire life, Idaho and Nebraska

25. I have had the same iPhone for 4 years. And never once broke or lost it. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

26. I met my husband when I was 16 years old. The year was 1998. Even before cell phones, free long distance, skype or texting. We wrote letters with pen, paper and stamps. I still have every one and It is one of my most cherished possessions.




27. I love to be warm while I sleep and wear fleece pants, long sleeves, and socks. Sometime I even wear my robe to bed. And why yes we have a down comforter too. I just have to be warm or I can't stay asleep.

28. The only place I have been outside of the US has been to Mexico.


29. I have been to a majority of the US states however. Only in the south (Mississippi/ Louisiana areas) is where a few are that I have yet to visit.

30. I did not order my wedding dress until the last possible day to do so. I hate making big decisions.


31. My husband and I have gotten our photos taken every November for the last 14 years. It is fun to see each year and how we've changed and how our family has changes. We were 18 and 20 when we started and he thought I was crazy. Now, I am so glad we did. We have added a dog and two babies in those years and it is so fun to see how our family has grown.




32. I have always wanted to live somewhere where it was warm all year long. Here's to hoping.

33. I don't watch TV much anymore, I used to have a whole slew of shows in my recorded que. Guess my brain will thank me someday. I still love watching the Real Housewives of OC when it is on.


So, there you have it, some interesting and not so exciting things about this gal.

Oh, and it was 16 Candles. The song. I used to watch that movie with my sister all the time. That and Now and Then and the Babysitter club. We were junkies when it came to those movies.

Well, Happy Tuesday to you all, and go have a drink and party for my big day!! :)

xo
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment