Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Quick Trip to Colorado

Hello Friends and Happy Wednesday!!

I feel bad that this blog of mine has been so neglected. I honestly haven't really posted since before Christmas and had good intentions of sharing our holiday decor, how I came up with thrifty but cute holiday outfits for the boys and my new year resolutions (which I HAVE been working on ;) ) but I just haven't shared any of it. I have not yet decided if I will share some or just move on and share new things. Our house some big illness after the holiday craziness and Odie is still battling another ear infection so we are on the down hill of all that, but not yet over it entirely.

I wanted to share some fun from our last minute trip to Colorado to visit my husbands only sister, who's is the youngest of 3 in his family. She is married and has two kiddos, my adorable niece Julia who is 4, and nephew Joel who is 1.

We were only there for 3 days but we packed in so much. A trip for lunch at the Aquarium and to see the mermaid show, sledding, a mall train ride, indoor water park swimming & play place and bowling. My in-laws were already out there visiting along with my other niece, so it was a surprise to Grandma Jan that all 6 of her grand kids (yes Oscar too) were there for her that morning when she woke up for her birthday (which is January 2nd).

On Friday for her birthday we went to the Aquarium for lunch and saw the Mermaid show.
After we went home and the kiddos had naps, we took them sledding. Liam's very fist time! He loved it, but loved kicking the snow in his boots just as much #typicalboy



 


 



After we warmed up from sledding we headed over to their local mall for a train ride around the mall.



On Friday, we got up and headed over to Arvada to the Apex Recreation Center. Let me tell you, they have it all. Indoor water park with 2 giant slides, rock climbing wall, indoor playground, workout facilities. You name it. The prices were very reasonable and as it snowed outside, the kids had a great time splashing and swimming away.





Then on Sunday we got up had another big breakfast at my sister in laws together and headed over to their local bowling alley. Liam had never bowled before and really liked it for about 1/2 of the first game!! haha
 

 
Then it was time to make the drive back home. I am not going to lie, it wasn't a quick one, and the way home was a little more during day/evening hours. But overall both boys did amazing in the car. Thanks goodness for portable DVD players!! I sat back with the boys and kept Oden company. We would like to travel again soon, but we have plans to return to Oregon to visit my sister this summer and rent a beach house in Cannon beach, so that's where our sights are set for next :)

Until next time Rocky Mountains~
Have a great day!!
xo
Megan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment