Thursday, November 20, 2014

Toddler Advent Calendar??

Do you make a Advent Calendar for you toddler?? My boys are 2 1/2 and 7 months so I am not entirely certain that an Advent Calendar and some of the activities I have seen included on them on searches I have done on Pintrest aren't a little too grown up for my little guys yet? Well I mean for Liam, ha, Oden is a baby and doesn't really know. But if Liam is doing it, Oden wants to be there too!

I like the idea of making my own with small cloth or paper bags, but it's the activities that has me stumped. Are some of these things going to be lost on a toddler who may not know why I am planning all of these fun things for? Liam is independent by nature and often times, he just wants to do his own thing after we get home from school. That, and he is not big into crafts of coloring, I suggest it, but often times, he will for just a little bit, then wants to be done and go play cars or trains. I also thought about doing one just for the weekend days instead, since I am a working mom and our weeknights are often rushed with dinner, baths and bedtime routine to get to bed on time.


 Here are a few idea's I was looking at..


Christmas Countdown
Found at:
Use these files to create your own Christmas Countdown Jar. Keep the kids entertained during the cold countdown to Christmas with some fun
Found at:

Found at:

 
So I guess I am still undecided, but I have until next week to make up my mind and whip something up. Do you make your toddler an advent calendar with activities? Does it hold your toddler's interest??

Have a great Thursday!!
xo
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment