Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday 5

A Friday 5
 
Man this week flew by, I worked a half day Monday because daycare was closed and it feels like in a blink, it is Friday. Don't get me wrong, I love these kinds of weeks, but I still have a mile long to do list for this weekend. Good thing we don't have a lot going on. And I NEED to get prepped for my pie baking for next week!! I am the deliverer of dessert goodness and bake all of the pies for the two Thanksgivings my family attends.

But here is a couple of things that have been on my mind this week..
 
-Mad for Plaid-
I have been on the hunt for a cute plaid shirt to pair with sweaters and vests for layering, think this one is pretty cute from Old Navy and the price point at $22 is just right. Think while I am errand running this weekend, I'll stop at my local Old Navy and check this one out.


      Plaid Shirt

-Mint Milano Candy Cane Cookies-
These cookies! We picked them up on a run to target this week, and let me tell you, they are sooo good :) The bag is already almost gone #oink

Pepperidge Farm Cookies Milano Candy Cane Limited Edition
Cookies

-Monogram Mug-
Saw these adorable monogram mugs at Target this week, the M one was red and white striped, but couldn't find it on the Target website. I don't have an monogram mug and she's so adorable and only $6.99!! So I think this one will go on my stocking wish list!


MONOGRAM MUG LETTER S
Monogram Mug





-Black and White Ribbon-
I was thinking of changing up my tree decor this year and saw this picture using golds, silvers and black and white ribbon and it just spoke to me!! I would love to incorporate the black and white ribbon element into our tree this year. Now... What to do with all of the gold and cranberry decor that I have piled up in our storage closet {Yikes}


Black and White Christmas Trees
Black and White- From Just Destiny


-Pie Crusts-
Mrs. Smith deep dish pie crusts are simply the best! Yeah... I don"t make my own pie crusts. Sue me. But before you give me the eye roll and "ha, she doesn't make her own pie crusts" comments. I can sometimes end up making 8-10 pies for our Thanksgivings!! That's a whole lotta pie baking!! And nobody has that many pie plates. Or time!! So give a gal a break and give them a try. I also use tin foil or those pie crust shield to cover the edges during baking. That really helps so they don't brown too much or burn. Cause that's not how to make it a pie look pretty. And I do make the filling homemade so that counts for something right?


 
mrs. smith's 9
Ms. Smith Deep Dish Pie Crusts




Ms. Anderson's 10 inch Pie Crust Shield


Have a great Friday!!
Its supposed to be near the 50's over here over this weekend!! A much needed warm up!!

xo
Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment