Monday, November 17, 2014

Shower Curtain

Brrrrr... It's soooo cold out there!!! Here in the Midwest, we are going on day 8 of some seriously cold temp and the 10 day forecast shows little sign for any warm ups either. Laugh out loud when 40 degree's is a warm up. ha

So this cold weather has forced me to put on hold all of the outside to-do list items I had thought I would have time for in November before the snow came. Yep, not so much. So while it's cold and snowy outside, I'll turn indoors to tackle that list I have been ignoring. I am in the beginning stages of giving many rooms in our home a refresh. We have lived there 7 1/2 years now, and will likely stay a little while longer before saying goodbye and moving on.

First up, to refresh our master bath. Which could be confused with the master closest as it is roughly the same size, ha! But I am thankful to have one at all and this tiny space needs a face lift. I haven’t changed things since we moved in and I spent the first year in our home decorating. So, it’s been a while.

I originally had my eye on this shower curtain


                                                via

But the bright colors, while cheery, did not flow as well with the adjoining master bedroom and the tan/khaki's in there. So I moved on and kept looking.

Then about a month ago, I stumbled upon this one on sale from Pottery Barn. The Pottery Barn Victoria Shower Curtain. I liked the more cohesive colors and the browns and greys, and it was on sale for $44.95. I had seen it online, then it came unavailable before I made the official decision to buy, so I called PB, and they located it in Arkansas. I called the store myself and purchased over the phone. I had just received a 20% email coupon so crossed my fingers and took the plunge. It ended up a little cheaper in the store but I did have to pay the shipping of $8. It came in right around at $39.99, so not much different than ones say at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond that I had looked at. When it arrived and the colors were defiantly not as sharp or bright in person as they appear in the photos, so that was disappointing but I am still happy with it. All the colors were more muted, especially the greens and grays.


                                                   via

So here it is hanging in our tiny closet bathroom




























Rug from Home Goods

















































The colors of the green's and yellows defiantly look a lot brighter in the photos than they do in real life. Darn flash.

Now I am pondering paint samples so we can move on to painting. Our home is all painted one color right now, Sherwin Williams Sands of Time with Bright White for the trim and doors. I am ready to break the "all the one color" streak and try something new.


Sherwin Williams- Sands of Time












 






I will be back tomorrow to share the color choices I am considering!!

xo
Megan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment